If you want a super unique healthy holiday appetizer recipe you are in the right place.
This is a raw vegan holiday recipe that is perfect as a holiday appetizer.
I love it because we use aloe fillet as the “meat”. Since most tuna is loaded with heavy metals I love this version utilizing gut healing aloe.
Alot of my recipes are medicinal yet taste amazing and are like works of art!
Raw Vegan Sushi
- 1 piece 1 large piece of Aloe peeled and cut into 2 inch piece
- 1 whole red beet juiced for soaking the aloe
- 1 sheet nori sheet cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large parsnip to be finely grated into mock rice
- 1 whole lime limes to seal the sushi roll or water can be used
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos coconut aminos for dipping - a mineral rich coconut sap - great alternative to soy sauce
- 1 piece Ginger Root Ginger - to be thinly sliced and marinated in Lakanto or other sugar substitute, Apple Cider Vinegar over night.
- Peel and slice the aloe then run under cold water to remove the slimey aspect of it. This gets rid of the bitter taste as well. Juice the red beet and marinate the aloe in it for several hours until it turns red like a piece of fatty tuna. I like to add a bit of coconut aminos to get add to the flavor.Grate parsnip with fine grater. Pack the parsnip tight to from the length of the 2 inch marinated aloe. Assemble sushi and wrap a piece of nori around the middle of the roll sealing with a bit of lime juice.Serve with the ginger and coconut aminos.