How To Do a heavy metals detox
This heavy metals detox protocol is one that I have implemented into my own health strategy.
Always consult with your own Health Practitioner before a detox from heavy metals is best.
This protocol would best be for someone that is generally healthy, has had all amalgam fillings removed properly and is not experiencing extreme heavy metal toxicity.
Otherwise, you would want to go slower and more gentle because the body can only take a certain amount of stress from the detox.
On that same note getting your heavy metal levels checked would be your first step to gathering the valuable information required to see where you are at.
Ways to do this would be through Hair, Blood and Urine Analysis.
There are some cutting edge tools being shared through out the alternative medical field on alternative ways to check the body for accurate heavy metal load.
As these develop we will share them here at the Sacred Backyard.
One foundational piece of information is to make sure your Urine PH is between 6.4-7.0 while doing a heavy metals detox. You can get test strips here.
This ensures the metals are being released and excreted properly. When you are too acidic the body is in a fight or flight response which makes it hard to detox.
Otherwise if the body is in an acid state it can cause more issues and actually drive the metals further into the fatty tissues.
The metals hold on tight, the body has intelligence and when it is properly supported with nutrition it will release the metals causing less detox reactions.
For now let’s start with the first detoxification pathway which is the skin.
Being our largest organ we have to eliminate toxins we can utilize this to our advantage in a heavy metal detox protocol.
Here are some great ways to do this:
- Far Infrared Sauna – very important done at least twice a week for about 50 minutes each session. If you are in a position where a more portable sauna is what you can handle due to space or money. Try this one.
- Rebounding (until the point of exerting a sweat. usually over 30 minute session)
- Hot/Cold Showers with skin brush stimulation
- Activities where we perspire like yoga, tai chi etc.
A key piece to detox from heavy metals with a sauna is to replace the electrolytes and minerals you have lost.
You can use things like quinton minerals that mimic blood plasma and shilajit to remineralize your body.
Replenishing minerals is very important to ensure a healthy and youthful body.Superfood chlorella in powder and as drink, horizontal, copy space, top view[/caption]
Next we want to ingest plant materials that help the body get rid of metals.
Which plant substances are most beneficial here?
- Broken Cell Wall Chlorella (from a clean reputable source) – One of your best allies in detoxing metals. The nutrition profile of chlorella is off the charts with bio-available proteins, beta-carotene and nucleic acids. Do some research to learn more.
- A Quality Greens mix with Grasses in it like Barley and Wheat Grasses
- Noni Fruit Powder
- Green Tea extracts (preferably one with the least fluoride contamination)
You might like my recipe here for a yummy salad to detox from heavy metals. And it tastes great too while helping to remineralize your body.
Next we want to introduce chelating agents to the body to gently and effectively mobilize the metals from the tissues and pull it out through the bowels.
Here we can use:
- EDTA suppositories such as Medi-cardium
- Cilantro juiced or blended in a shake
- For a Cilantro Juice or tincture you can look at these options
- High quality clay like Bentonite or Zeolite
- Supplements with FOS and other green powder supplements specific for heavy metal chelating to pull metals out safely
Before, During and After a Heavy Metal Cleanse we can supplement and support the body with nourishing nutrition/tools such as:
- B Vitamins in a bioavailable format
- Minerals like Quinton, Phour Salts and other Greens mixtures
- Coffee enemas with two days between each to flush out the metals and move any stagnant bile. Two days between each for electrolyte homeostasis. Add fresh pressed green juices to replenish the body and hydrate.
- Vitamin C in whole food format
- Castor oil packing areas that feel weak during this cleanse is a great idea. For example if the kidneys require support or perhaps the liver. Sometimes the large intestine can be targeted and you would keep the pack in place for a solid 60 minutes with a heating pad.
- Mud-packing the download areas and the major key organs is essential. Best to do this over a weeks span or longer. Each day a mudpack is done a mineral foot bath is important for getting rid of released toxins. This is an advanced protocol that Dr. Bob Marshall trained me in. To learn more contact me.
Making sure the bowels are moving and clear is very important. A great way to ensure this is with colonics or a colon cleanse prior to the heavy metal detox.
A gradual pace over several years is the best way to alleviate the body of heavy metal exposure.
Key Minerals for Heavy Metals Detox
These three minerals will help to clear out arsenic, beryllium, cadmium, mercury, and silver.
It takes time for the body to release these without causing stress on the system.
Preventative and Maintenance
Other ways to protect ourselves from radiation and daily metal exposure is to:
- Wear some type of pendant that protects you from harmful emf’s.
- Green Tea ND ( a formulation by Dr. Marshall) This taken in water each day especially before flying will protect the cells from radiation.
- Supplement with high quality sea weeds daily to protect the thyroid.
- Consume your Green Drink Daily
- Ingest high quality clays daily
- Supplement with glutathione your master anti-oxidant
- Consider switching your cooking pans, silverware with ceramic knives and items by Xtrema Pure Ceramic.
Your Diet During Heavy Metals Detox
As far as nutrition goes it is important to not fast during a heavy metal cleanse but rather get bio-available protein into the system.Green soup with sorrel
The body requires protein at this time to repair and support the body processes.
Good quality fats from DHA is a great adjunct as well as cultured vegetables to keep the immune system strong and well.
Omega 3 fatty acids will keep your inflammation levels down.
Incorporate blended green soups and sea vegetable soups at this time.
**By clearing heavy metals from the body you will be getting to the root of certain issues.
Key piece of information is that typically where there are heavy metals there is also fungus.
Things like circulation, inflammation, candida can all be heavy influenced by a burden of too many metals in the body.
Mercury is one of the most dangerous metals and their is an abundance of information on the internet about mercury poisoning.
Getting rid of your amalgam fillings if you have ever had them is foundational before clearing metals.
It must be done using a certain protocol such as The Huggins Protocol so that your body is not exposed further to mercury.
Recap on Heavy Metals Detox
Keep your body alkaline, remineralize, utilize the main detox organ of your body the skin to release metals through sweat.
Be sure to support your thyroid and kidneys prior to a detox. Take in protein in the form of green soups and smoothies.
Keep the colon open and utilize players like chlorella, zeolite, selenium, silica and iodine to clear metals.