Vegan Thanksgiving Recipe
Are you looking for healthy vegan Thanksgiving recipes? What about a raw vegan mock meat recipe that is using whole foods? Then check out this recipe!
It takes a bit to create it but this is so good and unique.
If you want to have an unbelievably healthy and yummy mock mushroom meat recipe than this one is for you.
As you know nuts can cause inflammation if over done.
A handful of nuts here and there, okay but excessive nuts and nut butters are inflammatory.
This is why I use medicinal mushrooms as the star of our mock meat.
We use walnuts since they have a healthy 3/6 omega fat ratio.
We make sure to soak and sprout those too to release the enzyme inhibitors before working with them.
The meat is served warm from the dehydrator with the best seasoning.
My favorite dehydrator is linked below.
I love it b/c it is not plastic and you can see through the glass door as you are waiting for it to be done.
Enjoy healthy holidays with this recipe.
Raw Vegan Mushroom Meat Recipe
- 2 handfuls Shitake mushrooms or other medicinal wild mushroom like chanterelles. This will be your dark mock meat
- 1 cup Coconut Meat This is your white mock meat
- 1 bunch sage, rosemary, thyme, marjoram Usually sold in a bundle at Whole Foods or Health Food Store. You can also use powders instead.
- 1-4 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 3/4 cup Soaked Sprouted Walnuts
- 1-3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Create your marinade for the white "meat" by mixing desired amount of coconut aminos, oil, minced onion, crushed garlic and herbs minced fine. For extra taste and flavor first dehydrate the onion and garlic.Fresh grind walnuts and coconut meat.Now add in the marinade to your coconut meat/walnut mix. Let this sit for several hours. You can then make patties on the dehydrator sheet.If you got thin cuts of coconut meat you can just coat with the marinade instead of blending.Leave as is Dehydrate at 125 for about 3-4 hours or until your desired crisp.
- Dark "Meat"Clean mushrooms and create a marinade out of the same ingredients above except omit the walnuts. Dehydrate these for 2-3 hours and serve along side the white meat.You may want to serve this with my warm keto gravy.