Cosmic Raw Vegan Tostada Recipe
It is Taco Tuesday but how can you enjoy your favorite Mexican dish and make it yummy and healthy? Give this Cosmic Tostada a whirl. Inspired during a meditation and you can create and make it all in one day, even the shell.
- 1-2 Tbs Avocado oil chosen foods or primal brand
- 1-2 Cup Sunflower seeds Rinse well
- 1 TBS Premier Research Labs Nutritional Yeast Optional but makes it more tastey
- 1 TBS Onion Granules
- 1 Clove Garlic pressed
- 1 Cup Sprouted Organic Buckwheat
- 1/2 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro
- 1 Whole Avocado
- 1-2 tsp Dried Herbs of Choice
- 1 Cup Vegetables I used Zucchini and Carrots but use any combo you love.
- 1 Cup Fresh greens chopped use this for the topping, cilantro works great
- 1 Whole Lime Juice this into the sunflower mix or use Apple Cider Vinegar 1 tbs
- 1 Culture/Kefir Starter Packet Body Ecology Brand to ferment the mock beans aka sunflower seeds
- First things first be sure to soak your sunflowers seeds in water and a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide. Do the same with the buckwheat as this will get rid of any bacteria or fungus. Let it soak for 10-15 minutes. Rinse and then soak sunflower seeds in fresh water for several hours. If you already have bought sprouted organic buckwheat you will only need to rinse it in the peroxide water and then it's good to go. Otherwise you will need to soak and germinate the buckwheat then dehydrate over night.
- To make the shells take 1 cup of organic sprouted buckwheat and whatever veggies are left over in your fridge. I used zucchini and carrots. You could use onions, bell peppers or whatever flavor profile suits you. Add a cup of vegetables into the blender with the buckwheat. Add a couple tbs of avocado oil 1 tsp of fresh herbs of choice 1 tsp garlic or onion granules 1 tsp sea salt Blend with the tamper in vitamix until well incorporated.
- Next set your dehydrator at 130-140 and take a spatula and create circles with the batter about a 1/4 inch thick or to your liking. After around 4 hours you can flip them to get the other side dry.
- To make the Mock Bean filling take 2 cups soaked/rinsed sunflower seeds along with the red onion, garlic granules or fresh clove. Add in lime juice or Apple Cider Vinegar. Sea salt and herbs of choice. I prefer onion powder and cilantro. Optional add in some nutritional yeast flakes. I then add a packet of kefir starter from Body Ecology to get the good bacteria going through out this and leave it sit out at room temp for a few hours before serving.
- Once this is done get the tostada and spread the filling on topping with sliced avocado, tomato, onion, bell pepper, greens or whatever topping you like. Try making a mock cultured sour cream with cashews and onion powder, stevia and salt.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Please follow and like us: