Bigfoot Keto Christmas Cookies Recipe
- First mix up your dry ingredients.
- Take softened butter or room temp coconut oil and add in the vanilla extract.
- Once it is like dough be sure to form into a ball and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Then just roll it out to desired thickness and use your bigfoot cut out pattern.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- In a spacious mixing bowl, place the butter and employ the whisk attachment on your handheld mixer, setting it to medium-high speed for approximately 2 minutes. Gradually incorporate the powdered sweetener, adding one tablespoon at a time, ensuring thorough mixing before introducing the next spoonful. Once all the sweetener has been seamlessly integrated, include the vanilla extract. Continue to whisking until it gets airy.Now it is time to add color if you want. This is optional but what I do is a bit over the top!For the green I use spirulina powder. Use as much as you need to achieve the hue you want.For the Red I use Red Raspberry Powder which I will link where I get it or Fresh juiced beets.
Are you ready for some magical Keto Christmas cookies?
In this recipe I take it over the top with Bigfoot CutOut Cookies.
You can get the bigfoot pattern if you click here on Amazon.
The other thing I love to do is use superfoods to make the icing colors.
No toxic ingredients here!
Health Benefits Explained | Keto Christmas Cookies
Instead of using toxic dyes here we use foods to dye the icing.
To make the red dye I used red raspberry powder which you can find here.
It tastes amazing and is full of nutrients. The star nutrient is ellagic acid.
Ellagic acid has the following:
- Antioxidant activity: Ellagic acid is a powerful antioxidant that can help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can contribute to aging, inflammation, and chronic diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Ellagic acid has been shown to reduce inflammation in the body, which may help protect against chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and arthritis.
- Anticancer properties: Some studies suggest that ellagic acid may help prevent cancer by inhibiting the growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Neuroprotective effects: Ellagic acid may help protect brain cells from damage and improve cognitive function.
- Improved insulin sensitivity: Ellagic acid may help improve insulin sensitivity, which may help prevent or manage type 2 diabetes.
Then we have Spirulina for the green dye.
Spirulina is a blue-green algae, and a superfood due to its high nutrient content
Here are some of the key health benefits of spirulina:
- Spirulina is an excellent source of protein, containing about 60-70% of its dry weight.
It is also rich in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, C, E, K, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and zinc. It is a complete protein, meaning it contains all nine essential amino acids that the body cannot produce on its own.
Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory Properties: Spirulina is a rich source of antioxidants, which help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body.
These free radicals are linked to aging, inflammation, and chronic diseases.
Spirulina also contains phycocyanin, a pigment that has powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
Immune System Support: Spirulina is a good source of beta-carotene, which is converted to vitamin A in the body.
Vitamin A plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy immune system.
Spirulina also contains polysaccharides that can stimulate the production of white blood cells, which are essential for fighting infections.
Heart Health: Studies suggest that spirulina may help lower blood pressure and improve cholesterol levels.
It may also help reduce the risk of heart disease by reducing inflammation and oxidative stress.
Weight Loss: Spirulina may aid in weight management by promoting satiety, increasing metabolism, and increasing fat oxidation.
Keto Christmas Cookies
With these keto Christmas cookies, you have yummy little bigfoot-inspired cookies that don’t compromise your health efforts.
They will bring a bit of magic and wonder to your holiday celebrations.
With the addition of superfoods like red raspberry powder and spirulina, you can be sure to get nutrients that will benefit your entire body.
Without grains and sugar you will not weaken your immune system but instead empower it so you can stay healthy this holiday season.
Looking for holiday mocktail recipes? Check out all of more recipes here.