Anti-oxidant Rich Chia Porridge Recipe
I love to have this fiber rich, anti-oxidant rich and Vitamin Rich powerhouse especially when cleansing heavy metals or on any detox program. Vitamin E is so crucial for heart health and as an anti-oxidant in the modern times. We can get this from whole foods sources which we will explain later. We utilize the chia seeds to enrich us with Omega 3 fatty acids and all the fiber to clean up the toxins and get them out safely through the bowels. We add on specific key whole food sources of Vitamin E in the form of rice bran solubles with both tocopherols and tocotrienols.Then how about B Vitamins to handle the stressors. Well lets be sure to top it with fresh ground flax and something called Purely B. This product has ground chaga, and other bran fibers to make sure you get the B vitamins you need from whole foods.Then topped with nutrient dense nuts all soaked in coconut milk. Get ready to have great bowel movements, less inflammation and your tasted buds will love it too!Get healthy probiotics with a dollop of home made coconut yogurt. See my recipe here to make probiotic rich yogurt to help everything digest better. https://dodhisattva.com/organic-raw-vegan-brazil-nut-coconut-yogurt/. Simply omit the brazil nuts from that recipe since you will top the porridge with a couple instead for crunch and nutrition. I have to make a new recipe post for just coconut meat yogurt soon.Enjoy a few soaked brazil nuts to get your store of selenium to help detox and support thyroid function.Pecans are one of the most nutritious nuts on the planet. Feel free to soak to make them more nutrient available. The cinnamon is a great adjunct to keep the blood sugar stabilized.
- 1 pot glass pot or other pot for heating coconut milk
- 1 Vitamix Blender to make coconut milk
- 3-4 tbsp organic chia seeds black or white chia seeds
- 1 -2 cups organic coconut milk to be made fresh from coconut cream or coconut meat. If canned make sure bpa free can.
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 squirt omica organic stevia vanilla
- 2 pieces brazil nuts chop as topping
- 2 tbsp tocotrienols
- 2 tbsp fresh ground organic flax seeds
- 1 tbsp Purely B North American Herb and Spice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground vanilla powder
- 1 tsp bee pollen Add deep nutrition and low sugar may not be suitable add on for diabetic.
- 1/4 cup home made coconut yogurt see link in above description box or search my site for coconut yogurt.
- First prepare your coconut milk by either making it fresh with a handful of coconut meat or 3 tbs of cream mixed with 1-2 cups purified water. Blend on high until well incoroporated
- Next pour into the pot to heat on the stove. Add the pinch of salt, stevia, and cinnamon.
- Heat on low and add in the chia seeds. Stir often.
- When it is warm to the touch after a few minutes and the chia seeds have begun to swell it is okay to pour it into the bowl.
- Top with freshly chopped soaked nuts, all powders and vanilla.
- If you made the coconut yogurt or bought from the store top with it and enjoy!
This is a power house of B vitamins and Vitamin E through foods sources. It will be a great way to stay full and keep the toxins moving out via bowels. You get the friendly bacteria from the yogurt to digest and absorb nutrients. Links for coconut yogurt recipe https://dodhisattva.com/organic-raw-vegan-brazil-nut-coconut-yogurt/ Get quality Organic chia seeds here. Purely B Organic Flax Seeds Wild Vanilla Organic Frozen Coconut Meat Tocotrienols or rice bran solubles
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!