The lymph system is without a pump unlike the heart.
The heart pumps and pumps so it can push and move fluid, nutrients and toxins without assistance.
Of course if it is plugged up or in some way hindered from fully functioning it too will require some form of detoxification.
But the lymph system requires movement on a daily basis.
Let’s learn a little more about the lymph system.
The lymph has double the amount of fluid than the blood running through our veins.
In order to keep the immune system at peak performance the lymph fluid must be clear of bacteria, yeast, mold and viruses.
The white blood cells are here in this fluid to protect us from foreign invaders. Here are some of our organs that are a apart of the lymphatic system which is also apart of the circulatory system:
Maybe you have had a surgery and no longer have tonsils.
This is all the more reason to keep the lymphatic system strong and healthy.
Maybe your digestive fire is not all that you remember it to be.
Are we eliminating our bowels 2 or 3 times a day?
This is a good indicator of health and well being. So the lymph assists the removal of waste from the tissues as well as brings life into our physical bodies.
What are other indicators our lymph is flowing or not?
Well there are points on the body that if we apply pressure to can either be deeply sore or not sore it all.
These are the areas of the body where the lymph nodes are.
You can look at the diagram in this post to see where the lymph nodes are and press on these spots or have someone do this for you.
Our bodies are not meant to be in pain, so if when you push on different parts on the body and you experience any level of pain there is some work that could be done.
This is due to build up of calcification, toxins, lack of movement and fluid flow, emotional baggage etc.
How do we truly move the lymph in order to flush the toxins out of our bodies? If we can keep the lymph moving for 20 minute intervals we will allow it to circulate and flush effectively.
What are ways to achieve this?
- Breath Work Breathing consciously for a length of time.
- Hot/Cold Showers or just cold showers…which are a true joy for the physical body especially in the summer heat:) They leave us with a radiant glow to our face and we feel energized. Why? Because the blood and fluid has now rushed to the external areas of the body creating movement and flow. The face has color and life. Ever notice people that are very pale, it looks as if no life is pumping thru the brain..no oxygen is getting to the area and stagnant energy and toxins is a result.
- Hand Stands and Inversions
- Systemic Enzymes
- Skin Brushing
- Walking up hill for 20 minutes.
- Rebounding..this is my favorite and quite possibly one of the most effective and youth promoting practices of all! It is such an amazing practice for moving the lymph system. This oscillates all of your cells and truly gets things moving. Rebounding is an incredible practice on so many levels that a whole post must be dedicated to it.
How did this post assist you on your journey? Leave us a comment below. We love to hear from you!