If you need a quick keto dessert recipe then I have your back on this one.
It is so unique, delicious, and even full of healthy nutrients to nourish your body.
If you already have a keto kitchen, you likely have these items in your pantry.
The time to curate these if you have everything on hand is 20 minutes.
Mini Coconut Cream Pies: A Quick Keto Dessert
Mini coconut cream pies are a perfect quick keto dessert that is sure to please.
They are small enough to enjoy as a quick mini dessert and can also serve as a decadent option for a quick keto dessert when you need to create something quickly for a get-together.
The crust is made with:
- Macadamia nuts
- Himalayan pink salt
- Golden Monk Fruit granules
Macadamia nuts are the premier nut when it comes to a quick keto dessert recipe because they have a high-fat content and are super low in carbs and protein.
They also have very low amounts of linoleic acid which is great since linoleic acid in large amounts may not be so good for us.
After running the crust ingredients in a food processor you can then press the mixture into two small individual serving pie dishes like the one in the photo.
The mini pies are then set in the freezer while making the filling.
For the Filling:
- Coconut milk
- Fresh coconut meat
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh ground vanilla
The vegan option is a small amount of Irish moss gel.
Why Mini Coconut Cream Pies are Perfect for a Quick Keto Dessert
- Low in Carbs: These pies are a low-carb alternative to traditional pies so they won’t set you back on your keto efforts.
- High in Fat: Coconut cream is a good source of healthy fats, which are essential on the keto diet.
- No Dairy: Some may choose to limit dairy on a keto diet and so a quick keto dessert that is dairy-free is a wonderful option
- Easy to Make: Mini coconut cream pies are easy to make and only require a few ingredients and about 20 minutes of your time.
- Delicious: Mini coconut cream pies are so delicious that you won’t even believe they are keto-friendly!
- Quick & Easy: When I say this is a quick keto dessert I truly mean it but it is also so decadent it will seem like you slaved away in the kitchen for hours!
Tips for Making Mini Coconut Cream Pies
- Use a food processor to make the crust: This will make it quick and easy to get the crust to the desired consistency.
- Chill the crust before adding the filling: Put these in the freezer while you make the filling. Then once the filling is done add those to the freezer for just a few minutes so they are truly a quick keto dessert. For longer storage just use the refrigerator.
- Create the filling: This filling will require a high powered blender that can get the filling super smooth.
Simply add the coconut milk, coconut meat, dissolved gelatin, or irish moss gel as well as the sweetener, vanilla and you have got yourself a beautiful tasty quick keto dessert filling.
- Use a piping bag to add the whipped cream to the pies: This is optional and I did not add whipped coconut cream but you could add a professional touch such as this or berries.
I just added freezer-dried fig granules for aesthetics and their medicinal qualities as an anti-parasitic.
- Top the pies with toasted coconut flakes: This adds a nice crunch and extra flavor if you don’t have the freeze-dried fig granules.
Mini Coconut Cream Pies are a Perfect Treat
Whether you are looking for a quick keto dessert or a special treat to share with friends and family, mini coconut cream pies are sure to please.
They are delicious, easy to make, and perfect for any occasion.
You can dress them up to look fancy with berries, toasted coconut or freeze-dried fig granules.
The granules may not be suitable if you are on a strict keto diet however the benefits to me as an anti-parasitic and the tiny amount on top gives an excellent crunch and medicinal offering to the dessert.
Here are some additional reasons why you will love mini coconut cream pies:
- They are a great way to use up leftover coconut milk.
- They are a fun and festive dessert to make for holidays.
- They are a perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without guilt.
So what are you waiting for? Try making mini coconut cream pies today! You won’t be disappointed.
Quick Keto Dessert Ingredients Needed & Equipment
Here is what you will need to make this quick keto dessert:
- Mac Nuts
- Coconut Milk or Coconut Milk Powder to make your own
- Frozen or Fresh Young Coconut Meat
- Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Ground Vanilla
- Grass Fed Beef Gelatin or Irish Moss made into a Gel for Vegan version
- Monk Fruit Granules
- Stevia Drops
- Sea Salt
- Freeze Dried Fig Granules (Optional)
- Fresh Berries (Optional)
- Toasted Coconut Flakes (Optional)
- Homemade Whipped Coconut cream for top (Optional)
- High Powered Blender like a Vitamix
- Food Processor
- Mini Pie Dishes
Mini Coconut Cream Pies | Quick Keto Dessert Recipe
- 1/2-3/4 cup Macadamia Nuts Depends on How thick you want your crust.
- 1 tbsp Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener I prefer the golden granules which I have linked here.
- 1/2 tsp Wild Pink Himalayn Salt I prefer my crust a bit salty to contrast the sweetness of the filling so if you don't just add a pinch to the crust.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Coconut Créme Pie Filling
- 1 3/4 cup Frozen or Fresh Young Coconut Meat
- 2-3 Tbsp Coconut Milk I make my own with coconut powder by adding 4 ounces water to 3 tbs of cocontu powder for a thick coconut milk. But a bpa canned variety will be fine.
- 2 tbsp Grass Fed Beef Gelatin Powder Dissolve in a small amount of water
- 2-4 tbsp Hot Water to Dissolve
Quick Keto Dessert Pie Crust
- In a food processor combine well the Macadamia nuts, Monk Fruit Granules, Salt and Vanilla Extract.
- Press into two mini pie dishes. Depending on the size of your mini dishes it may fill more than two. I like it to be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Put them in the freezer to set while you work on the coconut creme filling.
Quikc Keto Dessert Coconut Créme Pie Filling
- Dissolve beef gelatin in the hot water and set aside.
- In the vitamix blender add the fresh or thawed out young coconut meat, vanilla extract, vanilla powder and sweetner of choice.
- Add in 2-3 tbs of coconut milk and begin to blend.
- Slowly add in the beef gelatin until you get a nice consistency and the blender is fully creating a vortex with the filling. Check to see the taste is to your liking. Add more sweetener if desired.
- Get out your mini pie dishes from the freezer and with a spatula add the filling.
- Now you can top with any toppings such as the freeze dried fig granules or berries.
- To make toasted coconut you can simply put a 1/4 cup of coconut flakes on a baking sheet and toast at 325 for 3-4 minutes.
- Put in the freezer to set for 5-10 minutes. For long storage wrap them and keep in refrigerator.
Irish Moss Gel Substitute
- Irish Moss Gel will require more time and is a good item to keep stored in your refrigerator but essentially soaked and rinse it overnight. Once it is cleaned well you add 20 grams of the sea moss to about 1 cup of water and blend on high.
- You would then add 2-3 tbs of the Irish Moss Gel instead of beef gelatin.
Quick Keto Dessert Recap
These mini coconut cream pies are sure to become a favorite quick keto dessert recipe in your household.
With their rich coconut flavor, creamy low-carb macadamia nuts, and guilt-free sweetness, they’re the perfect quick keto dessert recipe.
For more inspiring healthy and high vibe recipes go here.