Jack Fruit Tacos Recipe
Leave your guests amazed at how epic these flavorful tacos are. What's more, is they are healthy and are teaming with friendly microbes due to the sauerkraut and sour cream. Let's create magic in the kitchen!
- 1.5 cups Jackfruit rinsed and broke apart into pieces, almost shredded
- 1 tsp Coconut oil Used in pan before warming jackfruit and seasoning
- 1 tsp turmeric powder or fresh turmeric root
- 2-3 tbs Cultured coconut sour cream homemade
- 1 cup healing movement sauerkraut
- 1 cup freshly chopped cilantro, dandelion, cabbage
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1-4 almond or cassava or teff tortillas Siete brand tortillas or make homemade teff tortillas
- 1/2 cup Red Onion chopped
- 1 whole Avocado
- 3 TBS taco seasoning Bulk section of health food store or organic brand in spice area or make your own.
- 1 tbs coconut aminos
- First put a pan on low to medium heat and add the coconut oil. Add in 1/4 cup water and taco seasoning.
- Add in the jackfruit and chopped shiitake mushrooms. Be sure jackfruit is well separated and looks almost pulled. Cover and simmer about 5-7 minutes.
- Add some red onions and the coconut aminos liquid seasoning once the jackfruit and shiitake's are warmed up. Reserve some red onion as a raw fresh garnish. Onions have health properties that are released when cooked and also when left raw, enjoy both in this recipe for max flavor and nutrition.
- When close to being ready to serve put tortillas on top of the jackfruit mixture and put the lid on to soften tortillas. Fresh grated or ground turmeric seals the matrix of savory food ensuring optimal nutrition absorption. It also is an anti-inflammatory to the entire body. Homemade cultured sour coconut cream needs to be made ahead of time. Please see notes below.
- Fill warmed tortilla with filling and top with avocado, chopped greens, fresh ground turmeric, and a dollop of sour cream. Serve with cultured sauerkraut. I only use homemade or one that uses a starter like healing movement to ensure the right strain of probiotics are teaming up in my gut and my families. Enjoy these protein packed tacos that take on whatever seasoning you desire!
- Lastly, enjoy with some bubbly! Not champagne but Body Ecology's Cocobiotic. Give your gut more healthy microbes for optimal digestion. They also have many coconut water kefirs at the health food store if you can't find this one.
Cultured Coconut Sour Cream Take 1 cup coconut meat and 1/4 cup water and add to blender. Open 1 packet body ecology culture starter and 1 tsp raw honey to ensure starter wakes up. Blend well and put into a container keep covered for 18 hours around 70 degrees. Once slightly sour it is ready. I like to add lemon juice, sea salt and garlic to taste. Alternatively use coconut cream for a richer sour cream. You can find coconut cream in the freezer section of the grocery store. You can culture this the sameway by adding a culture starter packet with some sort of sweetener to wake up the microbes. Once it has cultured add the lemon, garlic, salt and blend well.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!