Air-Fryer Kale Chips Recipe
Make Healthy, Air-fryer Kale chips quickly so you can get all the benefits of nutrient dense kale without wasting time or money.
- First clean your kale and strip away the stem and compost or save it for juicing. Chop the kale into bite size pieces.
- Next combine Avocado Oil with the seasonings and mix well.
- Drizzle the oil mixture over the kale in a bowl and massage into the leaves until well incorporated.
- Lay the kale pieces in the basket part of the air fryer.
- Set the Air Fryer to 375 and cook for around 4 minutes, 5 minutes they will be very crispy.
Air-fryer Kale Chip Recipe Tips
- Use Dinosaur Kale when you can because the curly kale can be harder to lay flat.
- If you don't have an air-fryer here are some options to help you decide.
- Air-fryer kale chips are nutrient dense. The thing is kale typically has oxalates and can be problematic for those with auto immune challenges or just those conscious about their diet.
- When you cook the kale this way you still heat it enough to remove those oxalates but the nutrition of the kale is still mostly intact.
- The reason I used Avocado Oil over something like Olive is because Olive oil does not handle high heat where as Avocado does.
- This will be a healthier option at high temps if you want to preserve your skin health and cause less oxidation in your body.
- Not to mention you have not fried the oil so it is stable and will not create more oxidation of your cells.
- I love creating seasonings with Nutritional Yeast because it provides our bodies with the much needed B Vitamins for health nerves and energy.
- I like the non fortified Nutritional Yeast Flakes to keep it natural and easy for the body to process.
- If you loved this recipe you might love my post on how to make kale chips using a dehydrator here. I do a nacho mock cheese version as well!
- Or check out my entire high vibe recipe course here.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!