The Anti-viral Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
A nourishing, immune boosting and anti-viral soup recipe. Simple, satisfying and an upgrade to your natural immunity.
- Sauce Pan
- Sharp Knife do not use a ceramic knife on squash, it will break
- 1 Butternut Squash medium size - peeled and cubed
- 2 cups broth of choice
- 2-3 tbsp ghee
- 1 box pumpkin chorizo vegan sausage optional topping at health food stores
- 1 leek
- 1 red onion small chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsely chopped
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into cubes.
- Add broth to a sauce pan and begin to heat on medium
- clean and chop leek and onion
- Add 3-4 cups of squash, leek and onion to broth
- Bring it to a simmer and cover. Cook 30 minutes or until tender
- Pour the mixture into the vitamix adding 2 tbs of ghee and blend on high
- In the mean time if you have the vegan pumpkin sausage warm it up
- Chop parsley to top soup and add the remaining ghee as a garnish to swirl on top
- Pour into bowls and top with vegan sausage and parsley for the ultimate antiviral, nourishing satisfying soup
If you have a virus this soup is a very good option to calm down your immune system and not feed the viral infection. Blended food is also easier to digest and the warming sensation of the food is helpful for the organ systems. You could add a small knob of ginger to the recipe for extra heat and circulation.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!